Training and species-appropriate activity is important for every dog. Dog sports halls are becoming more and more popular. Why this is so and if indoor training is suitable for you, you can find out here.
What is a dog sports hall?
In general, this is a hall which is designed for dogs. It offers enough space for all kinds of activities with four-legged friends.
Depending on the hall, the equipment for many dog sports is on site.
What can be trained there?
That depends on the respective offer. Popular courses are: Agility, Hoopers, everyday life, Dogtivity, Dogdance, puppy courses, tricks, cavaletti, lungeing and much more.
In the beginning it is recommended to have a trainer with you, who explains and shows you everything. Because especially in dog sports mistakes can have health consequences for your darling. Pay attention to practice positively with your dog and not to overtax him. The training should be fun for everyone involved!
Later, there is often the possibility to rent the dog sports hall to train independently or to plan events. Especially for tournaments and seminars the hall offers the perfect space.
For which dogs?
Every dog can train in the hall. Especially older animals that have problems with their joints can be kept busy away from the humid and cold weather and on suitable ground.
It is important to choose a course that suits your pet. So think about what his preferences are. Does your dog prefer action, nose work or to get to know new things in a relaxed way?
Advantages of the dog sports hall
- Weather-independent (many halls are heated or air-conditioned and can therefore be used at any time of the year)
- Even competitions no longer have to depend on the weather and can thus release fixed dates.
- Most of the time they have a dog-friendly ground, i.e. not too hard, so that the joints are spared.
- Equipment on site
- Cozy atmosphere
- Trainers and contact persons are available for questions
- Dog friendships develop (often teams come together in training groups)
- Less distraction from crowds, road traffic, etc.
So a dog sports hall offers a whole range of advantages and there is something for everyone. Just try it out and have fun with your four-legged companion!